Sunday 30 June 2013

CRAVINGS OF A CULTURAL MISFIT



Hallowed Be Thy Name, Oh Lord
For Thou has made the world so wide
Granted me a distinction out of making me a human
To witness thy magnificence, given me a life


But I can't escape the gruesome truth
The tale of my people’s disrepair 
Once upon a time who held the realms
Now on the sloppy ways, without any pride


There’s Thee alone, to heal my wounds
There’s none but Thee, to listen to my plight
The dolour of being rendered  a cultural misfit
For not getting camouflaged in an intolerant world


I’ve lost my conceit, become a delusional culprit
When my conscience disallows me to distort my identity
The word of my mouth is subjected to incredulity
Gone is my charisma, deluded is my credibility


I can’t endure being an ignominy anymore
Being demonized for showing a skullcap and a beard
Gone are the days when I ruled the world
The story of my fall is inglorious and real

No comments:

Post a Comment